Sunday 17 June 2012

Final Lecture and Semester Reflection

The final lecture for the semester featured guest lecturer "Steve Molks", a blogger and entertainment journalist. This guy was pretty cool, and he spoke about areas of journalism that I see myself drawn towards in the future. He emphasised the potential of becoming a 'new media' journalist, which is becoming a growing approach to the profession. Blogging and social media is a growing key medium in the world of journalism. He was quite encouraging with his point that journalism is a broad profession. This guy would be a quite a handy mentor, so I'm going to add him to my list of contacts. And so this brings me to my final reflection for the semester. JOUR1111 has proved to be a very engaging course and my most enjoyed course I've studied thus far at UQ. Its inclusion of speakers and experienced people from the industry have offered considerable insight into the profession. Tutorials were a very stimulating environment and gave great oppertunity to listen to other's ideas and be heard. I found head lecturer Bruce Redman to be quite knowledgable and charismatic, and gave interesting talks. Despite my slackness this semester, I made it my mission each week to make it to JOUR1111 lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment