Thursday 26 April 2012

Reflection on Storytelling/ Ethics Lecture

I'm fortunate to say that I'm the youngest of Gerard Freer's 14 grandchildren. So having said this, the process of telling my grand-father's story proved to be a very fun and reflective exercise.

The lecture given on ethics I found particularly interesting, and the guest lecturer was very engaging. The majority of the lecture involved viewing a series of images and videos, and then rating them based on their ethical value and taste. At first I was quite confused, because I initially associated the two to be interrelated. By the end I had learned there to be in fact a clear difference between an adveretisement's ethical value and its tastefulness. He then discussed the aspects of dentology, namely the rules, principles and duties that fall under Australia's ethical codes. A lot of the examples used were quite hilarious, it was undoubtedly my favourite lecture thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment