Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Beginning of JOUR1111

History has shown  I'm usually a  punctual person. I swear this semester something has slid ajar in my brain box. I feel completely unproductive and unmotivated. Luckily however as I stumbled 15 minutes late into Schonell Theatre for my initiation into the (hopefully)wonderful and limitless world of journalism, I'm welcomed by what appears to be a course populated by 80% female company. Bulls eye baby! I take my seat, gather my bearings and adjust my attention away from this seemingly abundant pool of Oestrogen and  onto the first lectures content.
The first lecture kicked off with introductions to the course and outlined what to expect in JOUR1111. Philosophy of journalism was discussed, and the lecturers and tutors for the semester were introduced along with the designated tutorial weeks. Assessment requirements were also touched on, and my first impression of this was its highly broken up nature, with most assessment pieces consisting of a 15% value each. This component of the course I find myself drawn to. I think it helps foster sustained focus over the term, which in turn will be beneficial as I'll be kept busy. Like most introductory lectures, this one was brief and provided an overview of what to expect in Journalism. It seems to be a pretty interesting course and I'm quite looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment